SLUCare Physician Group is the academic medical practice of Saint Louis University, with more than 600 health care providers in hospitals and medical offices throughout the St. Louis region.
Our physicians are among the most highly trained in their fields: more than 50 specialties in all. We have national and international experts, renowned for research and innovations in medicine.
Firsts and Honors
- First heart transplant at an academic medical center in the Midwest
- First kidney transplant in St. Louis
- First cardiac catheterization laboratory in the region
- First and only outpatient bone marrow transplant program in the region
- First in Missouri to use BrainPath to treat previously inoperable brain tumors
- First in region to use interventional radiology for treatment of enlarged prostate
- Pioneering new approach for regrowing fingers and saving limbs
- Developed patented tools that have revolutionized neurosurgery
- One of nine National Institutes of Health vaccine research centers in the U.S.
- Developed a national blueprint, promoted by the American College of Surgeons, for restarting elective surgeries during COVID-19
- Ranked by U.S.News & World Report for pediatric heart surgery in the Midwest
- Named NPF Pancreatitis Center and NPF Pancreatic Cancer Center by the National Pancreas Foundation
- Sleep Disorders Center rated among the nation’s best by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Areas of Expertise
- National leader in hepatology: Saint Louis University Liver Center specialists credited with helping to cure hepatitis C
- Regional leaders in maternal-fetal medicine, treating the most high-risk pregnancies in the St. Louis area
- International leader in craniomaxillofacial surgery
- National leaders in interventional radiology procedures
- Midwest leader in forensic psychiatry, providing expert testimony and consultation
- Leading expert in diagnosing and treating endometriosis
- Global expertise in treating hyperhidrosis
- World-class multidisciplinary Center of Abdominal Transplantation
- Leaders in pediatric specialty care
- Leadership in developing and updating national and international patient care guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of allergic disorders and asthma
- Collaboration among SLU engineers and physicians to advance use of 3-D printing technology in medicine
In addition to treating patients, SLUCare physicians educate the next generation of health care professionals at Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Our teaching is guided by our Catholic Jesuit tradition, balancing the science of medicine with the soul of it — keeping people first in all we do.
Facts and Figures
Top Doctors in St. Louis 2021
Out of 5 Stars: Average Patient Satisfaction Score