Treating Adult and Pediatric Patients
The goal of sports medicine is to keep people active. For some that means continuing to play basketball or hockey, for others it means climbing up stairs or lifting objects to shoulder-level.
Specializing in both traumatic athletic injuries and in chronic problems caused by overuse, our team is made up of fellowship-trained sports medicine physicians from the SLUCare departments of Orthopedic Surgery and Family Medicine. We treat both adult patients and kids. When you see a SLUCare Sports Medicine doctor, you'll be getting high-quality treatment, from state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging to minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery and comprehensive rehabilitation services.
Please call 314-256-3850 to schedule an appointment with a SLUCare sports medicine doctor.
Caring for Athletes
On the athletic side, our experts treat athletes in any sport and at all ages and skill levels. As our patient, you have access to the same specialists who treat the Saint Louis University Billikens, local NCAA playoff games, Missouri Valley Conference basketball tournaments, the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, six area high schools and more.
- Treatment for knee ligament, cartilage and meniscus injuries of all types, including:
- ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL and other ligament repair/reconstruction
- Meniscus repair and transplantation
- Advanced cartilage repair, resurfacing and transplantation
- Lower extremity realignment procedures, including osteotomies
- Patellar stabilization procedures
- Care for shoulder dislocations and complex shoulder injuries
- Repair of rotator cuff tears
- Treatment for shoulder arthritis, including replacement surgery
- Care for elbow injuries, such as arthritis and ligament reconstruction surgery
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Hip arthroscopy
- Repair of femoroacetabular impingement, labral tears and snapping hip injuries
- Treatment for early knee arthritis
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections
SLUCare Sports Medicine Providers
Call 314-256-3850 to schedule an appointment with a SLUCare sports medicine doctor.
Current patients with questions or issues should call their doctor directly.
Resources for PT Professionals
|PT Protocols||SLU-SSM Health Physical Therapy Residency|
SLUCare Sports Medicine LocationsSSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital - South Campus 1755 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63104 314-256-3850 See Map
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis 1031 Bellevue Avenue, Suite 280 A Richmond Heights, MO 63117 314-977-1050 See Map
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital 1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63104 314-268-4010 See Map SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Pediatrics
10296 Big Bend Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63122
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis 400 Medical Plaza, Suite 220 Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367 636-755-3400 See Map Doctors Office Building 3660 Vista Ave., Suite 103 St. Louis, MO 63110 314-977-4440 See Map St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital (Medical Arts Pavilion II)
2315 Dougherty Ferry Road, Suite 205
St. Louis, MO 63122
314-977-4440 See Map