Treating Adult and Pediatric Patients
The goal of sports medicine is to keep people active. For some that means continuing
to play basketball or hockey, for others it means climbing up stairs or lifting objects
Specializing in both traumatic athletic injuries and in chronic problems caused by
overuse, our team is made up of fellowship-trained sports medicine physicians from
the SLUCare departments of Orthopedic Surgery and Family Medicine. We treat both adult
patients and kids. When you see a SLUCare Sports Medicine doctor, you'll be getting
high-quality treatment, from state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging to minimally invasive
arthroscopic surgery and comprehensive rehabilitation services.
Please call 314-256-3850 to schedule an appointment with a SLUCare sports medicine doctor.
Caring for Athletes
On the athletic side, our experts treat athletes in any sport and at all ages and
skill levels. As our patient, you have access to the same specialists who treat the
Saint Louis University Billikens, local NCAA playoff games, Missouri Valley Conference basketball tournaments, the
Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, six area high schools and more.
- Treatment for knee ligament, cartilage and meniscus injuries of all types, including:
- ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL and other ligament repair/reconstruction
- Meniscus repair and transplantation
- Advanced cartilage repair, resurfacing and transplantation
- Lower extremity realignment procedures, including osteotomies
- Patellar stabilization procedures
- Care for shoulder dislocations and complex shoulder injuries
- Repair of rotator cuff tears
- Treatment for shoulder arthritis, including replacement surgery
- Care for elbow injuries, such as arthritis and ligament reconstruction surgery
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Hip arthroscopy
- Repair of femoroacetabular impingement, labral tears and snapping hip injuries
- Treatment for early knee arthritis
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections
SLUCare Sports Medicine Providers
Scott Kaar, MD
Christopher Kim, MD
Minh-Ha Hoang, DO
William Mitchell, III, MD
Lauren Smith, PA
Call 314-256-3850 to schedule an appointment with a SLUCare sports medicine doctor.
Current patients with questions or issues should call their doctor directly.
Dr. Kaar's patients should contact Duncan at 314-577-8525 or email@example.com.
Dr. Kim's patients should contact Julia (clinical nurse specialist) at 314-577-8524 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLUCare Sports Medicine Locations
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital - South Campus
1755 S. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63104
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
1031 Bellevue Avenue, Suite 280 A
Richmond Heights, MO 63117
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
1465 S. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63104
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis
400 Medical Plaza, Suite 220
Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367