At SLUCare Physician Group, we take the health and safety of our patients, medical staff and community seriously, and we are taking precautions to do our part in mitigating the spread of COVID-19. Here are a few of the things we are doing:
- Effective Monday, March 30th: To better protect our patients as well as our medical faculty and staff from COVID-19, we ask that only patients with in-office appointments enter SLUCare clinics. Family, friends accompanying a patient should wait in their vehicle. The exception being patients who rely on caregivers because of mental or physical limitations.
- SLUCare Physician Group is identifying and rescheduling non-urgent patient appointments. Non-urgent cases include cosmetic procedures, wellness visits and other minor procedures. Scheduled appointments for serious issues and conditions, such as a follow-up to a recent surgery or hospital stay, are not affected and the appointments will go on as scheduled.
- Our medical staff is also identifying patient visits that can be effectively managed through telemedicine, or a virtual visit. This will be the first time SLUCare has made telemedicine available to our patients, enabled by the recent relaxation of government guidelines.
- If your appointment is affected, we will reach out to you. There is no need to contact your provider’s office to check on an upcoming appointment.
- We encourage you to use the MyChart patient portal. You can check the status of upcoming appointments, send a note to your provider, or request prescription refills. This is an efficient way to communicate with your provider’s office.
- We are implementing a COVID-19 verbal screening. Patients will be asked a series of questions about symptoms and possible exposure prior to treatment.
Additional Patient Information
Is your provider in General Internal Medicine? Check our directory.
Effective immediately, SLUCare General Internal Medicine offices will only be open for acute, urgent visits and hospital discharge follow-up.
If you are scheduled for a regular follow-up within the next three weeks, your appointment has been canceled.
If you need a prescription refill, please contact your pharmacy.
If you are experiencing an acute problem, please contact us at 314-977-6100.
Please stay safe and healthy and know that we are here if you need us.
The SLUCare Sleep Disorders Center is closed until further notice. Appointments will be rescheduled.
We know there are many concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak and the impact the virus may have on our health and daily lives. You can learn more about the virus and follow the latest developments using the following resources:
Illinois Department of Public Health COVID-19 FAQs
Illinois COVID-19 Call Line: 1-800-889-3931
While we cannot predict what will happen in the coming weeks, SLUCare will remain dedicated to the safety and well-being of our patients, faculty and staff.
Thank you for your continued trust in SLUCare Physician Group.